Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6 A Day Like No Other

This was one crazy day. The roofers showed up at 7:30 and I immediately panicked. My framers were supposed ot come yesterday to finish framing of the overhangs before the roofers arrived. I had to get on the phone right away to my framers to get them here early.

My HVAC guy was here yesterday scoping things out and he got here in time this morning to cut holes in the roof for the bathroom and laundry fans as well as the range hood in the kitchen.

And then I discovered that the plumber hadn't come yet to cut his hole into the bathroom so I had to call him as well. He came after they had shingled over the area but they tore out a section and redid it.

Roy Oler, my electrician was here as well today. He got power out to the garage.

Oh and when it came time to drop the skylight in neither the framer nor the roofer were clear on  who should do it. My framer is very accomodating so he offered to do it. Once they got it out of the box though, they were confused becsuse neither of them had seen this style of skylight before. Although it is a 2'x4' skylight, the frame he had built for it was a little too long so he had to rebuild part of the box and the roofer had to remove some shingles and install extra flashing.

A very stressful day all around.

 The roofers begin. They were very fast.

 My framers beginning work on the overhang roof.

 Our sunpipes hanging inside. They'll be shortened up later.

 The overhang roof has been completed.

 The roof over the entryway.

 End of the day. Framers will be back on Saturday to install the doors and windows and interior walls upstairs.

Oh, and did I mention my garbage bin was delivered today as well.

No comments: