Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Trip is Over

Proud grandparents. We're darn proud of all our grandchildren

All good things must come to an end and I guess it's high time I updated my blog from our almost 4 weeks away. Please don't have any wild ideas about things happening chronologically. That would be too easy.
We flew to New York on January 7 (New Jersey actually) to spend a few days with Taylor and Kaycee and their munchkins. Our new addition Gavin is a handsome boy. The weather wasn't much better than it was in Calgary so there was a lot of shiverage when we were out and about. Enough typing already, I'll let the photos do the talking.

Carson and Gavin in a rare moment of tranquility

Did I mention what a cute grandmother Carson has?

Is it just me or is Taylor looking smarter these days?

I can't go to New York without seeing Times Square

We finally made it to the top of the Empire State Building

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is St. Patrick's Cathedral: pretty awesome

Taxis taxis everywhere: the ratio must be 5 to 1.

Mmmmm snow.

Kaycee has always wanted to take a carriage ride in Central Park

...and apparently so has Nancy

And of course we did the open air bus tour

It's so good to see my kids grow up to be such loving parents

1 comment:

Jolanda said...

When did Taylor start wearing glasses???

That looks like so much fun, it makes me want to go to NY. You wouldn't want to come down and watch the kids for us would you?