Sunday, January 6, 2013

Controlled Chaos

I got back from Utah on Wednesday night. Painting and finishing carpentry proceeded on Thursday and then on Friday everyone was there. The plumber, the electrician, the painter, the carpenter and the tiler.

It was great to see so much activity. I've been stressed out lately wondering if everything will get done by the time the tenants are supposed to take possession on the 15th but it looks like everything will be done on time. I've asked everyone to be done by the 10th so I can get my final inspections taken care of a few days in advance of the 15th and it looks like we'll make it. Cue Barry Manilow.

 Our painter hard at work. He just needs to do some touchups and put a final coat on the walls. Should be done by Monday. You can see that there is still a lot of clutter with the trades' tools and such. I'm anxious to get those cleaned up.

 Our plumber setting up shower ready. The toilet is already in place. Water will be hooked up Monday.

 We decided to tile part way up the wall behind where the vanity will go. Just waiting on a final row of tile and then the vanity can go in.

 Our laundry set waiting for the closet to be completed.

This is part of the walk-in closet. I didn't do a very good job of taking this photo. There's another unit on the left that you can't see. The carpenter just needs to put in the baseboards and rods and shelves and it's done.

 Backsplash is almost done in the kitchen. we ran out of tile so I had to order more. I just need 10 more tiles to finish the job. They should be in by Tuesday. A little concerned about the vent for the range hood being off center but I'm sure the HVAC guy will sort that out.

Entryway is complete except for the built-ins for coats and shoes etc. on the left wall as well as baseboards. Carpet will go on the stairs and upper landing on Monday.

No comments: